Mya needs some practice hands-on counting – especially above ten and skip count and unfortunately she’s gone off the practice sheets and wipe-erase books she used to love, so I decided to appeal to her love to all things small and beautiful and I have bought some red, white and green beads from the bargain basket in CJ Beaders in Highcliffe. I have found this blog – A Moment in Our World and decided that’s exactly what I needed. I have adjusted patterns a little and made more strands.
From the top to the bottom:
- Green 10 beads strand
- 10 beads strand – skip counting by two’s
- 10 beads strand – skip counting by five’s
- White 20 beads strand
- 20 beads strand with green/red/green pattern for easier counting
- 20 beads strand – skip counting by two’s
- 40 beads strand – every bead is different (I used all the leftover beads 🙂
- 40 beads strand – skip counting by five’s
- 50 beads strand – skip counting by ten’s.
All in all – Mya was very excited to receive these and second day on she’s still interested, so I think it’s been a success.